Before retiring as the Title III Federal Programs Director, a role she served with TDOE for many years, Jan Lanier was a dedicated teacher and founding member of the TNTESOL organization. To honor Jan and her service, TNTESOL has established a new grant for pre-service teachers pursuing an ESL degree or adding ESL certification to their teaching license. The grant is awarded to one recipient per year in the amount of $500.
1) Applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in ESL or a certified teacher taking classes to add the ESL endorsement to their license.
2) Must be a TNTESOL member.
3) Must plan to use funds within one year of receipt.
4) Upon selection, recipients must submit an article for the TNTESOL newsletter, describing how the funds will be used. The TNTESOL board will forward that communication to Jan Lanier.
5) Grant registration opens each year on January 1 and closes March 15.
Registration for this grant is not currently closed.