Jan Lanier was a dedicated teacher and founding member of the TNTESOL organization. In addition to this professional service, she actively served as the Title III Federal Programs director in the Tennessee Department of Education for many years. To honor Jan and her service, TNTESOL has established a new grant for pre-service teachers pursuing an ESL degree or adding ESL certification to their teaching license. The grant is awarded to one recipient per year in the amount of $500.
1) Applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in ESL or a certified teacher taking classes to add the ESL endorsement to their license.
2) Must be a TNTESOL member.
3) Must plan to use funds within one year of receipt.
4) Upon selection, recipients must submit an article for the TNTESOL newsletter, describing how the funds will be used. The TNTESOL board will forward that communication to Jan Lanier.
5) Opens January 1 and closes March 15